Thursday, May 5, 2011

Throne of Fire


"I used to walk to school with my nose buried in a book." Coolio

Well, that is exactly what I did the day The Throne of Fire came out. Now, as you may or may not know, my favorite author is Rick Riordan, and I had been counting down the days until the book came out. And I have to say, I was not disappointed. 

I think that The Throne of Fire is one of Rick Riordan's best books. He had more action scenes than usual, but it fit the story nicely. The plot was twisted nicely, with Zia especially. I thought Bes was a hilarious character, and I hope he returns for the next book. I must admit that Sadie is my favorite character. I like her rebel attitude.

My favorite quotes from the book

"I will say this for Bes: he drove like a maniac. And I mean that in the best possible way."

"Why do deserts have to be so bloody huge?"

"'Want a cookie,' Ra said.
  'What kind?'
  'Weasel cookie.'"

"We love sewer gas in Brooklyn!"

As you can probably see, this book is hilarious. One minute you're cracking up, and the next you're gasping in worry. Or sometimes both at the same time.
Anyhoo, great job Rick Riordan! You have written another absolutely amazing book!

Rating: ★★★★★

Cheerio!

Peace, Love, and Egyptian Magicians