Thursday, May 5, 2011

Introductions

"A smile is the universal welcome.” Max Eastman
Okay, I admit, I don’t actually know who Max Eastman is. But it’s a nice quote!
Hello! I’m Lily, if you didn’t know that already. 
    At the moment, my favorite book is The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. I read it a few years ago and was completely hooked. I love how Riordan describes everything, and he has a fantastic sense of humor. He also creates very unique characters, which I like. The chapter titles are hilarious, too.
    Okay, so even though I just said The Lightning Thief is my favorite, but that’s not true. It’s not my only favorite. My other most favorite book is The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. It took about a month of my friends telling me to read it for me to finally pick it up, and once I did I couldn’t put it down. Now, I know what you might be thinking. Yes, it is about post-apocalyptic kids fighting to the death. No, it’s not gory. Well, actually, it is. But not too gory. I mean, kids all over the USA love this book, so it can’t be that bad. The main character, Katniss, is also hilarious. But Suzanne Collins’ humor is different than Rick Riordan’s, in a way. 
    When Rick Riordan has a joke in a book, you feel more like it’s coming from him, instead of Percy. Yes, there is some Percy-ness to it, I admit, but Suzanne Collins does a good job of making the sense of humor range through her characters. It might be sort of confusing, but if you compare the books it might be clearer.


All right! There’s a little introduction to me and my favorite books!


Peace, Love, and First Hellos

3 comments:

  1. Wow, Lily this is fabulous!!! I'm so proud of you. Keep reading. Knowledge is power.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I might have to pick up a copy of the Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Lil! Do you have the first hunger game by any chance? Oh by the way, im lovin the blog :)

    ReplyDelete