Monday, May 23, 2011

English Class


Last week in English class, we started book groups. Basically, that means our class is split into groups of four and each group is given a different book. My group got Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry by Mildred D. Taylor.
I'm only two chapters into it (and I need to finish two more by tomorrow) but it's pretty good.
It's about a African-American family living in Louisiana during the 1930's. I really like it so far, but the characters have strange names. Like "Little Man," for instance. If you've read the book, I do like the part with the schoolbooks. The main character Cassie has a lot of character potential, if you ask me.
Alright, I've got to be on chapter 4 by tomorrow, so I'd better get reading...

Peace, Love, and English Class

1 comment:

  1. im reading that too!
    and your in my group
    ...i better get reading

    ReplyDelete