Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!

Happy Independence Day!
I hope you get to see fireworks!
Yay!

Did you know?

Both John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on July 4th 1826.

The 4th of July became a federal holiday in 1838.

America voted to declare independence on July 2nd. Congress approved it on July 4th.


Now I know I do have some international readers who don't celebrate this holiday.
I'm sorry about that.
Happy Monday to you!

Peace, Love, and Independence

Picture Credit - http://elev8.com/

3 comments:

  1. Happy Independence Day! :D

    Check out my blog: Spain Reads! I only have 2 posts for now, but I'll have more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ainhoa - Nice blog! I am psyched for Harry Potter too! Still trying to get tickets for the midnight showing...

    ReplyDelete