Monday, July 4, 2011

City of Ember




Salutations!
My summer reading book is the City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau. It’s a really good book; I’ve read it about a hundred times. The movie’s really good, too. So, I’m re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reading it, because I might as well get a reminder of the plot. Like I’d forget Anyways, I am at the part where -
SPOILER ALERT!
- Lina and Doon have just found out that the mayor is hogging the supplies. Which is pretty jerk-ish of him.

         I really like this book, partly because besides the mayor, there isn’t really a bad guy. Just awesomeness. I love the cover, too. It’s cool how the lightbulb actually looks like it’s glowing. On the back cover there’s a map of the Pipeworks, which is interesting. Also, Ember is an awesome name for a city. ‘Nuff said.

I have a ton of books to read during the next week.
Here’s some of them:

The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
Summerhouse Time by Eileen Spinelli
Maniac Magee by Jerry Spinelli

I know there’s more, but they’re not in front of me, so I can’t name them all.

Peace, Love, and Sweet Summer Reads

I love comments :)

Picture Credit - http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/98/The_City_of_Ember.jpg

2 comments:

  1. City of Ember is an awesome book, totally agree with you on that. Also I thought the Hobbit was good to but a little slow in parts. =] Happy Reading. =]
    - http://thebookshelfreview.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I will look on the library 4 the City of Ember book the Hobbit was an okay book in my opinion but fantastic. I read Manic Meggie quite interesting all of Jerry Spinelli's book in my opinion r awesome my favorite 1 is Loser u should read it quite interesting.

    ReplyDelete